The Posner Fine Arts Foundation funds internships for Carnegie Mellon University students to do individual research in the Posner Memorial Collection and prepare exhibits.
The student receives a $3000 stipend to complete a one-semester internship of 15 hours per week spent researching and creating an exhibit in collaboration with librarians. The internship is open to CMU undergraduate and graduate students. Students who wish to earn academic credit must gain permission from their academic department and/or school before the internship begins. The intern should have a faculty advisor.
The goals of the internship program are to enable students to:
- Fulfill the Posner Fine Arts Foundation's mission for
education, visibility, and use of the Posner Memorial Collection
- Participate in an active, collaborative learning experience
- Integrate knowledge from a variety of sources and fields
- Present ideas in an exhibit and online project
How to apply:
- Visit the Posner Center.
- Become familiar with the Posner Memorial Collection.
- Prepare and submit an application essay.
The application period for the Spring 2015 internship is
October 13 - December 1, 2014, 11:59 p.m.
For questions or more information about the internship, please contact Mary Catharine Johnsen at 412-268-6622 or email@example.com.