Thursday, July 28, 2011
Warner Bros. Movie Impacts Access to Buildings, Streets & ParkingAccess to several university buildings, and streets and parking in Oakland will be impacted this week when CMU plays host to several scenes for a major motion picture by Warner Bros. Scenes will be filmed outside of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., July 30-31, and inside and outside of the Mellon Institute from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., July 31 and Aug. 3-4.
Scenes will be filmed outside the SEI at the intersection of Dithridge and Henry streets, and outside and inside the Mellon Institute’s fourth-floor lobby facing Fifth Avenue.
The SEI will be open during filming (July 30-31), but few employees should be affected since it takes place on the weekend. The Mellon Institute will be open for business during filming (Aug. 3-4) although some areas will be closed, including the fourth-floor entrance lobby off of Fifth Ave., the fourth floor elevator lobby and library. There will be no access to the building from the Fifth Ave. entrance from July 29-Aug. 8. SEI loading dock deliveries will be suspended from Friday, July 29 through Monday, Aug. 1.
The Dithridge Street parking garage will be closed from the evening of Friday, July 29 through early morning Monday, Aug. 1. Leaseholders will be able to access the garage on all other days regardless of traffic restrictions (see below). Prep work for the SEI shoot has closed Henry Street from Dithridge Street to Utica Way, until 10 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 9.
Here’s a list of upcoming street closings:
- Dithridge from Fifth Ave. to Winthrop St. through 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 5.
- Bigelow Blvd. from Fifth to Forbes avenues from 8 p.m., Thursday, July 28 through 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 5.
- Utica Way from Henry to Winthrop from 7 a.m., Friday, July 29 through 10 p.m., Sunday, July 31.
- Henry St. from Utica Way to Craig St. from 5 a.m., Friday, July 29 through 5 a.m., Monday, Aug. 1.
- Fifth Ave. from Bellefield St. to Craig from 5 a.m., Saturday, July 30 through 5 a.m., Monday, Aug. 1.
- Dithridge from Bayard St. to Fifth (except for local access) from 5 a.m., Saturday, July 30 through 10 p.m., Sunday, July 31
For more details, go to http://www.cmu.edu/news/blog/2011/Summer/hollywood-comes-to-cmu.shtml General questions about the filming should be directed to Carrie Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org.