Placement after Graduation
A degree in Physics at Carnegie Mellon University leads to many different places:
- Graduate school in physics
- Graduate school in other areas, such as other sciences, engineering, business, law, medicine, teaching
- Excellent jobs in top high technology firms
Our recent graduating students have gone on to top graduate schools in Physics and related disciplines:
- Harvard: Applied Physics
- Chicago: Astrophysics
- Cornell: Physics
- Mayo Clinic: Medical Physics
- Princeton: Mechanical Engineering, Physics
- Stanford: Physics, Geophysics
- UC Berkeley: Physical Chemistry, Physics
The MCS Career Center is a great resource for helping our students with placement into top firms after graduation. Our recent graduates have found excellent jobs in industry:
- Consulting, Arthur Andersen Co.
- Research, Cornell High Energy Accelerator
- Research, IBM
- Research, Intel Corp.
- Software, Intermetrics, Inc.
- Software, 2WAY Corp.
For a more complete Placement Record of Our Recent Classes, visit the links below: