EducationPh.D., Johns Hopkins University
My interests center mainly on the interface between cosmology and particle physics. I have very strong interests in the quantum mechanics/field theory involved in inflationary cosmologies. This has led me to spending a great deal of time developing a formalism that can be used to describe quantum fields in non-equilibrium environments, such as occur during and immediately after an inflationary phase. This formalism has also had very interesting applications to the so-called Dark Energy problem.
I am currently involved in trying to understand how current and future measurements of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation could detect effects coming from Planck-Scale physics, as well as constructing models that describe the so-called Dark Energy component of the Universe.
- Nishant Agarwal, R. Holman, Andrew J. Tolley, What is the shape of the initial state?, International Journal of Modern Physics D 22, 1341015 (2013)
- D. Boyanovsky, R. Holman, On the perturbative stability of quantum field theories in de Sitter space, Journal of High Energy Physics 5, 047 (2011)
- C.P Burgess, L Leblond, R Holman, S Shandera, Super-Hubble de Sitter fluctuations and the dynamical RG, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics 03, 033 (2010)
- D. Boyanovsky, R. Holman, Jimmy A. Hutasoit, Oscillation dynamics of active-unsterile neutrino mixing in a 2+1˜ mixing scheme, Physical Review D 81, 033009 (2010)
- C.P Burgess, R Holman, L Leblond, S Shandera, Breakdown of semiclassical methods in de Sitter space, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics 10, 017 (2010)
- Hael Collins, R. Holman, Trans-Planckian enhancements of the primordial non-Gaussianities, Physical Review D 80, 043524 (2009)
- Hael Collins, R. Holman, Trans-Planckian signals from the breaking of local Lorentz invariance, Physical Review D 77, 105016 (2008)
- R Holman, Andrew J Tolley, Enhanced non-Gaussianity from excited initial states, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics 05, 001 (2008)
- Hael Collins, R. Holman, Unparticles and inflation, Physical Review D 78, 025023 (2008)