Students who are finishing a B.S. or B.A. or M.S. degree in physics or a closely related subject, will be considered for admission to graduate study in physics. For full consideration, applications should be complete and submitted by
Application deadline: December 15
For a complete application package provide the following items:
(1) Transcript: Arrange for an official copy of your transcript from all college-level institutions that you attended (independent whether you received a degree or not) to be sent directly to the CMU Physics Department by your university.
(2) GRE and TOEFL: Arrange for your GRE General and GRE Subject Test scores as well as your TOEFL scores to be sent to Carnegie Mellon University directly.
(3) The address to send the above items is as follows:
Head of Graduate Admissions
Department of Physics
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(4) Online Application: Complete the online application after creating an account. The Online Application System opens typically middle/end of October.
(5) Letters of recommendation: Provide three letters of recommendation from professional references. At least one letter should be from the institution that you currently attend or attended most recently. Your recommenders will receive instructions after you complete the online application.Note, there is no application fee.