Center for Technology Transfer and Enterprise Creation
CTTEC is responsible for facilitating and accelerating the movement of research and technology out of the university and into the marketplace.
To learn more about the Finance Division and the services they provide, visit the Finance Division website.
Office of Research Integrity and Compliance (ORIC)
ORIC assists researchers in the following areas:
- Human Subject Research (IRB) - IRB assures appropriate steps are taken to protect the rights and welfare of humans participating in research. The IRB functions according to the guidelines of the Office of Human Research Protection (OHRP) and other federal regulatory agencies.
- Conflict of Interest (COI) - Disclosure by individuals involved in research, of potential financial conflicts of interest is required by many sponsors of research. The purpose is to promote objectivity in research and ensure unbiased design, conduct and reporting of research. ORIC receives the disclosure of potential or real conflicts of interest and if necessary assists with mitigation of the conflict.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) - RCR incorporates a set of ethical standards in nine key topic areas that when applied results in responsible and ethical research of the highest standard.
- Export Controls - Export compliance is required by law to prevent the export of technology, software, and goods that may have an effect on U.S. national security, foreign policy, or economic advances in leading edge technology.
- Use and Care of Animals in Research (IACUC) - Federal regulations govern the use and care of animals in research. Strict standards regarding the housing, husbandry and research procedures must be adhered to by all members of the research team. ORIC provides oversight for these activities via the Institutional Animal Care and User Committee (IACUC).
- Research Misconduct - Occasionally individuals in the research community are concerned that research is being conducted in a manner that is outside the norms of behavior for research. This could include falsification or fabrication of data, plagiarism or other types of unethical behavior. ORIC is responsible for handling allegations of research misconduct.
To learn more about ORIC and the services it provides, visit the ORIC website.
Office of the Vice President for Research
- Center for Technology Transfer
- Government Relations
- Office of Research Integrity and Compliance
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Corporate Research
To learn more about the Office of the Vice President for Research and the services they provide, visit the Office of the Vice President for Research website.
OSP-ORIC Business Managers Round Table
Formed in the Spring of 2014, the OSP/ORIC Business Managers Round Table is a partnership between the OSP/ORIC offices and campus business managers to encourage an open line of dialogue concerning research administration. The group meets every 6-8 weeks to discuss research challenges and opportunities at Carnegie Mellon.
To learn more about the OSP-ORIC Business Managers Round Table, visit the OSP-ORIC Business Managers Round Table website
Research Administrators Council (RAC)
The Research Administrators Council is a collection of research administrators working together to:
- Provide a university wide arena for discussion of those topics impacting research and the administration of research at Carnegie Mellon;
- Address the training needs of the campus community in the area of research administration; and
- Facilitate the dissemination of information that may impact the administration of research.
To learn more about the Research Administrators Council, visit the RAC website
Sponsored Projects Accounting & Cost Analysis
Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) is responsible for managing the post-award accounting functions related to sponsored awards.
Cost Analysis is responsible for the following areas:
- Preparing the University's facilities and administrative rate proposal submission to the Office of Naval Research (cognizant agency).
- Facilitating all audits on sponsored projects including the A-133 audit, specific program audits, etc.
- Managing the establishment and audit review of university service centers.
To learn more about Sponsored Projects Accounting & Cost Analysis and the services they provide, visit the Sponsored Projects Accounting & Cost Analysis website.