**For new students to complete, print and bring to Orientation along with photocopies of immigration documents (picture page of the passport, I-20/DS-2019, US visa sticker, most recent I-94 printout).
**For new J-1 scholars to complete, print and bring to Orientation along with photocopies of immigration documents (picture page of the passport, I-20/DS-2019, US visa sticker, most recent I-94 printout).
Summer Orientation 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
Breed Hall, Margaret Morrison (Room 103)
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Register here to attend!
International Graduate Student Orientation Programs
Carnegie Mellon welcomes over 2000 new international students each fall. To accommodate the large number of students, we offer a number of orientation sessions from which to choose. All F and J students are required to attend one session from the list of dates below (note: each session is the same). Seating is limited and registration is required. Instructions below. Note, University-wide Graduate Orientation programming begins on August 17.
|Friday, July 31||8am-1pm|
|Thursday, August 6||8am-1pm|
|Tuesday, August 11||8:30am-1pm|
|Thursday, August 13||8am-1pm|
|Tuesday, August 18||8am-1pm|
|Thursday, August 20||8am-1pm|
How to Register for International Graduate Orientation
1) Set up your Andrew ID if you have not already. You will need your Andrew ID in order to register for an orientation session through The Bridge.
Instructions on how to create your Andrew ID:
2) Go to The Bridge and Click on “Log In” in the upper right side of the screen using your Andrew ID and password.
3) View the sessions offered to see which one best fits your schedule.
4) Select ONE session and on The Bridge, click "I will attend this event." You should only be registered for one orientation session. Note: All the sessions are the same.
5) If you need to change your reservation to another date, you are able to go back into The Bridge, cancel your original reservation, and choose another session.
6) Please note that sessions have limited capacity and may fill up quickly.
An email with further details and instructions will be sent to you two weeks before your orientation session.
International Undergraduate Student Orientation
Orientation will be held on Saturday, August 22 from 8:30am-5:00pm. Programming will include the required immigration session and check in as well as other programming for students and family members. Registration link to come!
Move-In Day for international students is Friday, August 21 from 9:00-2:00pm. Housing is not available prior to August 21.
Family members are welcome to participate. Seating is limited and advance registration is required. Register here.
Students who have lived abroad but wish to attend international orientation are welcome to join us. To register, click the link above or email OIE directly.
Visiting Scholar Orientation:
Visiting Scholar Orientation is held on most Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. in the Office of International Education (OIE), Warner Hall, third floor. At orientation, we will review required immigration information, as well as campus and local resources. Call OIE at 412-268-5231 to register your attendance for the Scholar Orientation.
New visiting scholars should complete, print and bring the International Data Form to Scholar Orientation along with other immigration documents (passport, DS-2019 or H-1B approval notice, US visa sticker, most recent I-94 record).
Last Updated: May 22, 2015