**For new students to complete, print and bring to Orientation along with photocopies of immigration documents (picture page of the passport, I-20/DS-2019, US visa sticker, most recent I-94 printout).
**For new J-1 scholars to complete, print and bring to Orientation along with photocopies of immigration documents (picture page of the passport, I-20/DS-2019, US visa sticker, most recent I-94 printout).
Make-Up International Student Orientation Programs
Carnegie Mellon welcomes over 2000 new international students each fall. To accommodate the large number of students, we offer a number of orientation sessions from which to choose. All F and J students are required to attend one session from the list of dates below (note: each session is the same). Seating is limited and registration is required. Instructions below.
Friday, September 11
How to Register for International Orientation
1) Set up your Andrew ID if you have not already. You will need your Andrew ID in order to register for an orientation session through The Bridge.
Instructions on how to create your Andrew ID:
2) Go to The Bridge and Click on “Log In” in the upper right side of the screen using your Andrew ID and password.
3) View the sessions offered to see which one best fits your schedule.
4) Select ONE session and on The Bridge, click "I will attend this event." You should only be registered for one orientation session. Note: All the sessions are the same.
5) If you need to change your reservation to another date, you are able to go back into The Bridge, cancel your original reservation, and choose another session.
6) Please note that sessions have limited capacity and may fill up quickly.
An email with further details and instructions will be sent to you two weeks before your orientation session.
Visiting Scholar Orientation:
Visiting Scholar Orientation is held on most Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. in the Office of International Education (OIE), Warner Hall, third floor. At orientation, we will review required immigration information, as well as campus and local resources. Call OIE at 412-268-5231 to register your attendance for the Scholar Orientation.
New visiting scholars should complete, print and bring the International Data Form to Scholar Orientation along with other immigration documents (passport, DS-2019 or H-1B approval notice, US visa sticker, most recent I-94 record).
Last Updated: September 2, 2015