OIE Contact Info
Following are recommendations about how to interact with us:
- New students and new visiting scholars must participate in orientation sessions upon arrival.
- Brief questions may be addressed via email. International students email: email@example.com. Exchange students email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your college in all correspondence.
- OIE office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To meet with an advisor during office hours, you must make an appointment in advance by calling the OIE receptionist at (412) 268-5231. Appointments are not made by email. ALWAYS bring your passport, I-94 and other immigration documents with you to every OIE appointment.
- Some routine processes (such as endorsement of the I-20 or DS-2019 or a driver’s license letter) are processed in person through the OIE receptionist front desk.
- If you have a serious personal crisis that requires immediate attention, you should call (not email) and let the receptionist know that you require immediate attention or response. Email may not be checked daily during busy times of the year.
- OIE's mailing address is:
Office of International Education
Carnegie Mellon University
Warner Hall, Third Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Do not wait until the last minute to request or process documents. Allow one week for the preparation of new documents such as the I-20 or DS-2019 and allow three days for an advisor's signature on the I-20 or DS-2019 a routine letter for Social Security Administration. The receptionist at the OIE front desk will tell you when you may return to pick up the document. If you do not allow enough time for processing, you will be charge for the mailing of the document to you when it is ready; you may also be charged a expedite fee.
Last Updated On: January 10, 2017