CNBC Comes to Campus
CNBC's Maria Bartiromo is taping an hour-long special at Carnegie Mellon called "Meeting of the Minds: Rebuilding America" at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 30, in the University Center's Wiegand Gymnasium. The show is scheduled to air at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
The manufacturing industry led the United States to become the richest nation in the world and has been the foundation of the middle class. But, times have changed and today's economy values innovation and design over manual labor.
Are the manufacturing jobs in the U.S. gone forever? Does an economy that doesn't produce anything have any real value? Has 'Made in the USA' died?
- Jeff Immelt, Chairman & CEO, General Electric
- Hilda Solis, U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Bill Ford, Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company
- John Engler, Former Governor, Michigan, President, National Association of Manufacturers
- Dan DiMicco, Chairman, President & CEO, NuCor
- Leo Gerard, International President, United Steelworker