Media Advisory: Memorial Service for Randy Pausch is Monday, Sept. 22
Event: "Remembering Randy: A Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Randy Pausch" is Carnegie Mellon's campus memorial service for Randy Pausch, the computer science professor of "Last Lecture" fame, who died July 25 at age 47. Scheduled speakers are:
• Jared L. Cohon, Carnegie Mellon president;
• Randal E. Bryant, dean, Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science;
• Andy van Dam, Brown University computer science professor;
• Jessica Hodgins, Carnegie Mellon computer science professor;
• Dennis Proffitt, University of Virginia psychology professor;
• Dan Siewiorek, head of Carnegie Mellon's Human-Computer Interaction Institute (HCII);
• Dennis Cosgrove, HCII project scientist;
• Don Marinelli, co-founder and executive producer of Carnegie Mellon's Entertainment Technology Center;
• Jesse Schell, assistant professor of entertainment technology;
• The Rev. David Herndon, minister, First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh.
Attendance is by invitation only and seating for news media is limited. Please contact Ken Walters or Byron Spice by Friday Sept. 19 to make arrangements for seating in the news media section. Once the service begins, all still and video photographers will be restricted to the rear of the room. In an agreement with Carnegie Mellon, ABC Digital will provide streaming video of the event and in return has been granted exclusive rights to present live coverage from inside Rangos Hall.
When: 4:30 - 6 p.m. Monday, Sept, 22. Members of the media should arrive no later than 4:15 p.m.
Where: Rangos Hall, second floor of University Center, Carnegie Mellon University. Simulcasts of the event will be in McConomy Auditorium on the first floor of the University Center and at other locations across campus. ABCNews.com will stream live video of the event. A media check-in table will be located on the second floor of the University Center, near the rear entrance to Rangos Hall.