The best way to find out if Carnegie Mellon is the "right" school for you is to visit our campus. The university Undergraduate Admissions Office arranges university tours, interviews and information sessions for prospective undergraduates.
Arrange a Tour with a Current MechE Student
If you are interested in visiting the Mechanical Engineering Department (MechE), please take a look at the calendar below to determine if a tour is already scheduled and/or if tours are available.
- Tours must be requested at least two days in advance of your visit.
- Tours are NOT guaranteed until you recieve a confirmation email from one of our staff members.
- Please be aware that we do not offer tours during university holidays, semester breaks, finals testing, or weekends.
To request a tour of the MechE Department please complete the tour request form. A member of the staff will confirm your desired date as soon as possible. Tour dates will be marked on the calendar below for your convenience.
- MechE department tours are only offered at 12:30 p.m.
- Tours usually last about 50 to 60 minutes
- A current MechE student will review the curriculum, lab spaces, machine shop, and other components of the MechE Department.
Calendar Information: Tours must be requested at least two days in advance of your visit and are not guarenteed without a confirmation email from one of our staff members.
- If the date on the calendar is white - a tour may be requested.
- If the date on the calendar says "Tour Scheduled" - a tour has already been scheduled (ALL visitors are welcome to join the tour at 12:30 p.m. We ask that you still complete the tour request form so the tour guide is expecting you).
* We are unable to confirm tour requests for 2015, until the end of January.