Student Advisory Council Information
Student Advisory Council -
The Student Advisory Council provides a link between students and the Undergraduate Education Committee, for feedback and suggestions on improvements and changes in the department. The SAC board meets every 3-4 weeks, and conducts 2 Town Hall Meetings during the academic year. Students are encouraged to contact their respective SAC representatives if they have concerns or questions about undergraduate issues.
SAC sponsors Town Meetings in November and March.
Your 2012-2013 SAC reps:
SAC was instrumental in implementing the following changes recently, based on contributions from the town meetings:
- Machine shop registration on OLR
- Study Abroad- Handbook available (online or ask Bonnie to email it) learn how to schedule it, receive credit, etc.
- New initiative for mini P/F classes in Matlab and Solidworks for implementation in Spring 2011
- Review of projects in courses underway
- Students now choose their own faculty mentor during the sophomore year
- Meet faculty in intros in Fluids, at Sophomore Dinner, Advisor profiles online
- Group advising sessions for registration help - at least 3 sessions scheduled
- Department study abroad information sessions fall and spring semesters
- Additional information sessions on Accelerated Graduate Program and research opportunities
- Computer upgrades, dual monitors, better wireless
- All software upgraded to most current versions (in progress)
- Each computer has optical mouse
- Cluster remodeled, better AC
- CMU ID card now used for cluster and lounge access
- Strong stapler added for large reports
- Undergrad lounge in HH B134 is open during the day - couches, table, etc. with CMU ID access for ME students only