Tutoring & Study Groups
If you are feeling a little overwhelmed with assignments, here are some reminders about tutoring and study help available to you, free of charge.
Check out Academic Development:
- You may also call 8-6878 or stop in Cyert B9 for details about Peer Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction Review Sessions.
- Tutoring is conducted on a walk-in basis for introductory courses, Sunday- Thursday nights from 8-11 pm in Donner and Mudge.
- Supplemental Instruction offers an informal review session for several courses, including Calculus in 3D and Intro to ECE. The website provides information on specific session, times and locations.
- Individual tutoring is also an option for ANY CLASS. Just fill out a request form at Academic Development in Cyert B9.
The Carnegie Mellon Advising Resource Center (CMARC) supplements and supports the faculty and department-specific advising system; serving as an additional student resource in times when it is necessary to consult with more than one person or to obtain another perspective. The center has an additional commitment to support underrepresented ethnic minority students. CMARC is a place where students’ differences and talents are guided, appreciated and reinforced.
CMARC advisors can help students:
- Learn how to design a well-balanced schedule.
- Interpret university policies and procedures.
- Establish short and long term academic goals.
- Understand requirements for majors and minors.
- Investigate alternative majors in other colleges.
- Enhance awareness of available resources (such as internship and research opportunities and honors and tutoring programs).
- Explore career and graduate school options.
- Obtain referrals to organizations such as Career Services, Academic Development, Student Affairs, Disability Resources, etc.
In addition, the local chapter of Pi Tau Sigma, the National Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society, frequently provides tutoring sessions for the core Mechanical Engineering courses. Details on dates, times, location are listed below, and their website: