Mellon College of Science Staff Recognition Awards
Call for Nominations
Please join Dean Fred Gilman in honoring MCS staff for their dedication and service to the Mellon College of Science. The awards ceremony will be on Thursday, April 28 at 12:00 p.m., with a reception to follow immediately after.
Nominate your colleagues for the following:
- Merit Award*
- Rookie Award*
- Special Award
- Outstanding Achievement Award
Deadline for nominations is Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
- Nominations may be made by anyone in the MCS community, including administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Nominations must include the completed nomination form and at least two (2) separate, but not more than five (5), statements of support. A person can write more than one nominating or supporting letter, as long as they are for different awards (i.e., a letter for the rookie award and a letter for the special award, but not a letter for two different people nominated for the same award).
- Members of the MCS Staff Awards Committee are not eligible to be nominated for the MCS Merit Award, MCS Outstanding Achievement Award, or MCS Rookie Award during the years in which they are serving on this committee. Committee members are eligible to receive MCS Service Awards acknowledging their years of service to the University. Members of the MCS Staff Awards Committee are also not eligible to nominate candidates for these awards nor may they write letters in support of a nomination package during the years in which they are serving on this committee.
- Please submit complete nomination packet (nomination form and supporting nomination forms) to Stephanie Longmire, email@example.com.
*New review process for Merit and Rookie Awards
An independent panel comprised of one (1) MCS faculty from each department and additional individual(s) from outside MCS will be ask to review and rank Merit and Rookie Awards nominations with the names redacted.
The Staff Recognition Awards Committee will review and vote on the Special and Outstanding Awards nominations as outline in the bylaws nomination selection process.