Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Ph. D., Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, United States
B. S., Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China
Graduate student, with Prof. Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, Department of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, United States
Studied the preparation of novel material based on molecular bottlebrush
- Prepared super-soft elastomer based on ABA tri-block molecular bottlebrush;
- Studied modification of chain-end functionality;
- Synthesized hetero-grafted polymer brushes and studied their emulsifying property;
- Used polymer brushes as templates for the preparation of (an)isotropic nano-particle.
Research assistant, with Prof. Yuguo Ma, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China
Studied heterobimetallic olefin polymerization phenoxy-imine catalysts
- Synthesized phenoxy-imine ligands with structural diversity for studying and tuning the property of catalysts;
- Developed metallation strategies of phenoxy-imine ligand for both early and late transition metals (e.g. Zr, Ti, Ni);
- Tested catalytic performance by polymerization procedures and polymer characterization.
Research assistant, with Prof. Jianbo Wang, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China
Studied transition-metal-catalyzed isomerization of cyclopropene derivatives
- Optimized and standardized reaction conditions and procedures;
- Synthesized organic substrates containing diverse functional groups for testing functional group tolerance in both ring systems of these reactions;
- Analyzed and interpreted experimental results to elucidate the mechanisms
- Yan, J.; Kristufek, T.; Schmitt, M.; Wang, Z.; Xie, G.; Dang, A.; Hui, C.; Bockstaller, M.; Matyjaszewski, K. “Matrix-free Particle Brush System with Bimodal Molecular Weight Distribution Prepared by SI-ATRP” Macromolecules Submitted.
- Burdyńska, J.; Xie, G.; Li, Y.; Robertson, B.; Acosta, E.; Matyjaszewski, K.; Sheiko, S. “Molecular Bottlebrushes with bimodal side chain length” Poster session presented at: the 248th ACS National Meeting and Exposition; 2014, August 10-14; San Francisco, California.
- Zhang, H.; Li, C.; Xie, G.; Wang, B.; Zhang, Y.; Wang, J. “Zn(II)- or Rh(I)-Catalyzed Rearrangement of Silylated [1,1’-Bi(cyclopropan)]-2’-en-1-ols” J. Org. Chem., 2014, 79(13), 6286-6293.
- Zhang,H.; Wang, B.; Wang, K.; Xie, G.; Li, C.; Zhang, Y.; Wang, J. “Pd-Catalyzed ring-opening cross-coupling of cyclopropenes with aryl iodides” Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 8050-8052.