Dr. Amir Khabibullin
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
1. Khabibullin, A.; Fullwood, E.; Kolbay, P.; Zharov, I. Reversible Assembly of Tunable Nanoporous Materials from "Hairy" Silica Nanoparticles. ACS Appl Mater & Interfaces,2014, 6, 17306-17312
2. Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I. Surface-Modified Silica Colloidal Crystals: Nanoporous Materials with Controlled Molecular Transport. Accounts of Chemical Research 2014, 47, 440-449
3. Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I. Free-standing silica porous membranes with controlled area and thickness. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2014, 6, 7712-7718
4. Khabibullin, A.; Minteer, S. D.; Zharov, I. Effect of Sulfonic Group Content on Proton Conductivity and Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Performance in Pore-Filled Silica Colloidal Membranes. Journal of Materials Chemistry A: Materials for Energy and Sustainability 2014, 2, 12761-12769.
5. Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I. Mesoporous Films and Membranes from Assembly of Silica Colloidal Spheres. Submitted to Comprehensive Guide for Mesoporous Materials, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2013.
6. Yushkova, E. A.; Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I.; Stoikov, I. I. Stereoisomers of p-tert-butyl thiacalixarenes with ethoxysilane substitutes: the influence of their spatial structure on the polycondensation products and their ability of the protein binding. Submitted to J. Nanoparcle Res.
7. Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I. Fuel Cell Membranes Based on Polymer-Modified Silica Colloidal Crystals and Glasses: Proton Conductivity and Fuel Cell Performance. MRS Proceedings2013, 1502, 10-16.
8. Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I. Responsive Nanoporous Silica Colloidal Films and Membranes. In Intelligent Stimuli Responsive Materials: From Well-Defined Nanostructures to Applications, Li, Q, Ed. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013, pp. 265-292.
9. Khabibullin, A.; Zharov, I. Silica Colloidal Nanoporous Membranes. In Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology, Part II. Membrane Materials, Characterization, and Module Design. Hoek, E. M. V., Volodymyr V. Tarabara, V. V., Eds. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013, Vol. 2, pp. 797-827.
10. Yushkova, E. A.; Ignacio-de Leon, P. A.; Khabibullin, A.;Stoikov, I. I.; Zharov, I. Silica Nanoparticles Surface-Modified with Thiacalixarenes Selectively Adsorb Oligonucleotides and Proteins. J. Nanoparticle Res. 2013, 15, 1-9.
11. Safina, G.D.; Khabibullin, A. A.; Ziganshin, M. A.; Gorbatchuk, V. V. Thermal analysis of charge-transfer complex formed by nitrogen dioxide and substituted calixarene: Characterization of complexation reversibility, Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 2012, 110, 1309-1313.
1. Zharov, I.; Khabibullin, A. Reversible Formation of Nanoporous Colloidal Membranes via Self-Assembly, 05/31/2013.
2. Zharov, I.; Khabibullin, A. Silica Colloidal Glass Porous Membranes, 05/31/2013.
Awards and Fellowships
1) Fulbright Graduate Student Scholarship (2009 – 2011)
2) First place poster award at NanoUtah-2013 conference (Salt Lake City, 2013)
3) First place poster award at NanoUtah-2012 conference (in co-authorship with P.Kolbay, Salt Lake City, 2012)
4) Dow Chemical First-year graduate students award (2009)
5) Kazan State University “Best alumnus-2008” award (2008)
6) V. Potanin Charity Fund scholarship (twice, 2006 and 2007)
7) The winner of VI Scientific Conference of Research and Educational Center ”Materials and Technologies of XXI Century” (2007)
8) Awarded with a Third diploma on Students Scientific Conference of Kazan State University (2007)
9) The winner (First diploma) of Students Scientific Conference of Kazan State University (2006)