Carnegie Mellon University offers a wealth of resources for faculty, staff and students to help promote and protect the university's image.
- Downloadable Wordmarks: The wordmarks are available for download in ZIP FILE (containing BMP, GIF, EPS, JPG and PNG formats.) Do not alter these graphics in any way.
- Graphic Design Services: The Communications Design and Photography Group, part of the Marketing Communications department, provides a full range of professional graphic services, from the design and production of print collateral to specialty products.
- Web Templates: The university provides a free Content Management System (CMS) and a corresponding set of templates that determine where things are placed on CMS websites. Visit the CMS template Website to learn more.
- Photography: Professional campus photographers are available for studio, event and promotional needs. An archived library of high quality Carnegie Mellon photographs are available for print and electronic projects. Contact the Communications Design and Photography Group for more information.
- Statement of Assurance: Visit university policies and documents to learn more.
- Video: Two comprehensive videos are available for the campus community. Please contact Carrie Chisholm for these items:
Carnegie Mellon in 60: A one-minute overview of the university, including international images and projects from across the university, this video gives a snapshot of focus areas (e.g, robotics, arts).
Notable Alumni: A 2 1/2-minute video featuring alumni from across the university who’ve made outstanding contributions to the world and our society.
General b-roll (background visuals, exterior shots of buildings, cutaway shots), is also available.
- Advertising templates: The Communications Design and Photography Group offers advertisement templates for newspapers, magazines, programs, online ads and more.
- Office & Presentation templates: Microsoft® PowerPoint® master templates are available that can be used for all of your university presentations. Memo, fax cover sheets and meeting report templates are also available.
- Podium signs: A podium sign with the standard wordmark is available for your event or speaker. It easily attaches to the large University Center podiums. To borrow a podium sign, contact the University Center Information Desk: 412-268-2107. Whenever possible, use the university wordmark on a podium. The university seal podium sign is to be used only when the university president has a significant speaking role at an event—if media is present, default to the wordmark sign for easy recognition that the speaker is at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Exhibits and banners: Carnegie Mellon has a tradeshow exhibit booth, a wide variety of standalone banners and other display materials. The exhibits are lightweight, making them very easy to transport and use. The exhibits are available to the Carnegie Mellon community free of cost. However, shipping costs will be charged, as appropriate. Details and more information about what is available, including the size and design specifications, are included on the event displays page.
- Trademarks and licensing policies: Refer to the Policy for Use of Carnegie Mellon Trademarks for assistance in conforming to proper licensing procedures. Do not infringe on other copyrights. Particularly when working with students or volunteers, be careful not to allow use of other trademarks or licensed images or treatments.