Why Be a Temporary Employee?
There are many great reasons to become a temporary employee at Carnegie Mellon:
- Flexibility: Choose when and where you want to work.
- Choice: Select your work schedule from a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- Bridge to permanent employment: Many employees move on to regular full-time staff positions at the university after showcasing their skills.
- Learning and development opportunities: Gain hands-on experience and learn new skills to build your resume. You may be able to take professional development seminars or classes at Carnegie Mellon for free.
Who Are Our TES Employees?
- Individuals seeking full-time employment
- People re-entering the workforce
- Recent graduates
- Those between jobs and/or changing careers
Examples of Temporary Assignments
The needs of our departments vary, and employees of varying skills are needed for different assignments. These are some of the positions that TES employees assume:
- Data Entry Clerk
- Administrative/Executive Assistant
- Editorial Assistant
- Financial Assistant
- Alumni Relations Assistant
- Computing Services Technical Support Staff
- Web Developer
- Enrollment Coordinator
- Events Coordinator
- Bookstore Retail Assistant
- Program Assistant