Other Opportunities for Employment at Carnegie Mellon University
Careers@CarnegieMellon lists our staff employment opportunities. There are other employment opportunities with Carnegie Mellon that are not listed on Careers@CarnegieMellon.
- Faculty positions are generally hired through the academic department.
- Custodial positions are hired through Integrated Service Solutions; contact 412-268-2036.
- Dining positions are hired through Culinart; contact 412-268-8410.
- Temporary positions are administered by Temporary Employment Service. Apply online.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY
Position available at Carnegie Mellon University, Dept. of Chemistry, in Pittsburgh, PA. Responsible for the following duties:
- Teach graduate and undergraduate students in Chemistry;
- Develop course materials for classes taught;
- Research, write and publish in the field of Chemistry;
- Peer review of publications and research proposals;
- Collaborate with Department administrators and other faculty in grant proposal writing to secure funding from governmental and/or private sector sources;
- Serve on faculty committees, Departmental and University;
- Advise graduate and undergraduate students as assigned; and
- Perform other academic duties as required.
Requirements: Must have Ph.D. or foreign equivalent degree in Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or related field, or be near completion of Ph.D. degree or foreign equivalent degree in Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or related field. One (1) year of University level teaching experience as Professor, Assistant Professor or Teaching Assistant required. Knowledge of synthetic macromolecular chemistry.
Please send resumes to: Michael Nee, HR Manager, Carnegie Mellon University, University Technology Development Center, Room 151, 4516 Henry Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.