Carnegie Mellon University is proud to be a founding member of the Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). The OH/Western PA/WV HERC is a consortium of over 30 member institutions located in the tri-state region. Consortium member institutions share a commitment to hiring the most diverse and talented faculty, staff, and executives.
Helping dual-career couples is a central part of HERC’s mission. HERC's member institutions know that dual-career concerns influence candidates' decisions when searching for and considering a job. HERC provides jobseekers with the most job opportunities and unsurpassed search technology, enabling dual-career couples to find the right jobs within a commutable distance of one another.
What HERC offers Dual-Career Jobseekers completely free of charge:
- Access to the most comprehensive list jobs at institutions within a commutable distance.
- State-of-the-art dual-career search technology.
- A comprehensive list of articles, research, and links to campuses that have dual-career programs and policies.
- Dual-career search technology that enables you to search for jobs that meet both you and your partner's job search criteria.
- A library of articles, research, and studies on the dual-career topic.
- Links to institutions that have dual-career programs and policies.
- Jobseeker webinars on dual-career subjects
CMU also offers assistance to faculty seeking information about dual-careers. Read more about Faculty Dual-Career Assistance.