| || |
Xiangyang “Gary” Gong
Energy Systems Laboratory Texas A&M University
Energy Systems Laboratory
College Station, TX 77840-3582
(1992) B.S., Thermal Engineering, North China Institute of Electric Power, Baoding, China
(2003) M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
(2007) Ph.D, Energy Systems Laboratory, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Numerical Heat Transfer and fluid field
- Building HVAC system optimization and commissioning
- Fuel cell or micro turbine cogeneration systems for building HVAC application
- Air quality control of coal fired power plants as improved coal combustion modeling, pollutants diffusion modeling (SO2, NOX, Hg) and verification
- Renewable energy research of hydronic solar systems and photovoltaic solar system
- Gong, Xiangyang, “Investigation of a Radiantly Heated and Cooled Office with an Integrated Desiccant Ventilation Unit", Ph.D Dissertation Defense, 2007.
- Gong, Xiangyang and Claridge, David E., 2007, “Impact of the Position of the Radiators on Energy Consumption and Thermal Comfort in a Mixed Radiant and Convective Heating System”, ASHRAE Transactions, V 113, part 1, 2007.
- Gong, Xiangyang and Claridge, David E., 2006, “Indoor Humidity analysis of an Integrated Radiant Cooling and Desiccant Ventilation System”, published in the Proceeding of International Conference of Enhanced Building Operation, Nov 6-9, 2006, Shen Zhen, China.
- Gong, Xiangyang and Claridge, David E., 2005, “Impact of the Position of the Radiators on Energy Consumption and Thermal Comfort in a Mixed Radiant and Convective Heating System”, published in the Proceeding CD of International Conference of Enhanced Building Operation, Oct 11-13, 2005, Pittsburgh, U.S.
- Gong, Xiangyang and Kulkarni, Manohar, 2005, “Design Optimization of a Large Scale Rooftop Photovoltaic System”, Journal of Solar Energy, V78, n3, 2005, pp. 362-374.
- Kulkarni, Manohar and Gong, Xiangyang, 2003, “Cogeneration Via Magneto-Hydro-Dynamic (MHD) Power Generation”, Cogeneration & Distributed Generation Journal, Vol.18, No.4, Fall 2003, pp58-80
- Kulkarni, Manohar and Gong, Xiangyang, 2003, “Coal Fired MHD Technology, a Prospective Power Generation Method”, Proceedings of 2003 International Joint Power Generation Conference, ASME, 2003, pp847-856.
- Wang, Xingguo; Xi, Mengjie and Gong, Xiangyang, 2000, “Discussion of the Efficiency Test of Feed Water Pumps by Using Thermodynamic Method”, Hebei Electric Power, V19, n2, April, 2000 (in Chinese), pp20-21.
- Nie, Zhigang, Gong, Xiangyang, 1999, “Design Features of Flue and Air Ducts in Hanfeng Power Plant Projects” Hebei Electric Power, V18, n3, Jun, 1999 (in Chinese), pp56-59.
- Gong, Xiangyang, Wang, Yunyun and Wang, Xingguo, 1998, “Analysis of Sizing the Centrifugal FD Fans” Hebei Electric Power, V17, n5, Oct, 1998 (in Chinese), pp39-43.