| || |
Center For Building Performance and Diagnostics
CBPD MMCH 415
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Phone: 412-268-1492 /Fax: 412-268-6129
(1998) Bachelor of Engineering, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, P. R. China
- IWESS Solid Desiccant Based Building Ventilation
- Integrated Concurrent Design of High Performance Buildings
- Indoor humidity control
- Desiccant based building ventilation system design and operation
- Building thermal performance modeling
- Huang, Y. C., C. Zhai and K. P. Lam, Heuristic Use of Energy Simulations in Building Design, Accepted for publication in Proceedings of the Tenth International IBPSA Conference, 2007, Beijing, China.
- Zhai, C., D. H. Archer and J. C. Fischer, The Performance of an Energy Recovery Wheel in Ventilation of CMU's IW, Proceedings of IMECE2006: ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 5-10, 2006, Chicago, Illinois.
- Zhai, C., X. Liao, R. Radermacher, K. P. Lam and V. Hartkopf, Simulation Analysis of Building Humidity Control and Energy Consumption in Summer for Different System Configurations. Proceedings of the Ninth International IBPSA Conference, August 15-18, 2005, Montreal, Canada.
- Lam, K. P., R. S. Lee, G. Dobbs and C. Zhai, Simulation of the Effect of an Energy Recovery Ventilator on Indoor Thermal Conditions and System Performance. Proceedings of the Ninth International IBPSA Conference, August 15-18, 2005, Montreal, Canada.
- Hartkopf, V., D. H. Archer, V. Loftness, A. Aziz, R. Brahme, V. Srivastava, H. Yin, and C. Zhai, (2005) “Building As Power Plant”, Chapter 6 in Part 3 - Merging Technologies and Tools, Smart and Sustainable Built Environment, Editors Yang, J., Brandon, P. S., and Sidwell A. C., Blackwell Publishing, UK
- Zhai, C., Q. Wei and Y. Jiang, Theoretical Validation of DeST Using Fourier Transformation. National Conference of China on HVAC&R, Nov. 2000, Nanning, P. R. China.
- Zhai, C., Y. Jiangand J. Xia, Estimation on the Energy Consumption of Room Air-Conditioners in China. New Technology of HV&AC, Vol. 2: 48-51, Oct. 2000.