IWESS Approach, Tasks
The IWESS project at Carnegie Mellon includes
- the design, procurement, installation, testing, and evaluation of the individual component systems of the overall system.
- the integration of the operation and control of these components with each other, with the IW, and with the campus grids.
- performance modeling of the IWESS with the IW and the operation and control system to provide estimates of their annual energy efficiency, the effectiveness in providing appropriate conditions in the IW, and the capital and operating costs of the system.
- the provision of suggestions for the improvement of the various individual systems and the overall system.
- the formulation of procedures and the provision of tools for the design of such systems for a variety of applications and locations.