Security 101 Training and Awareness Program
The 2014 - Security 101 training course was developed by Carnegie Mellon's Information Security Office to raise awareness about Carnegie Mellon's information security policies and guidelines, data classification, roles and responsibilities, information security risks, and techniques for safeguarding institutional data and information systems.
You can access the content through Blackboard course delivery platform, and by taking the following steps:
- Visit Blackboard access page at http://www.cmu.edu/blackboard/
- Under Carnegie Mellon at the top left corner, click on "LOGIN" link, which will direct you to Web Login authentication page
- Enter your Andrew user ID and password to access Blackboard
- Once you access Blackboard, look for 2014 - Security 101 under "My Courses". You may find a letter (A-E) at the end of the course title to identify your course section (e.g. 2014 - Security 101 (A)).
- Click on the course link to begin reviewing the course.
The course "2014 - Security 101" contains four training modules:
- Safeguarding Institutional Data
- Security Risks
- Security Breach and Notification
This course is designed to be completed at your own pace and convenience. The entire course will take approximately an hour to complete.
If you have any questions about using Blackboard or the 2014 - Security 101 training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-4357 (HELP).