What can we do for you:
The staff of the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis contributes to meaningful work across all areas of Carnegie Mellon University by collecting, organizing, and analyzing information that allows staff and faculty to better understand the CMU community and the environment in which they work.
- We can provide you with information about students, employees, facilities, alumni, and other topics, which could be used for purposes such as advisory boards, grant proposals, accrediting agencies, and guidebook publications.
Consultation on Assessment
Do you need help with planning a specific part of your study? Our staff can counsel you on appropriate aspects of assessment, including:
- Developing your research questions
- Survey methodology and design
- Focus groups and interviews
- Analysis and usage of results
Do you know what you want to study, but do not have the expertise and resources? We will work you to create and conduct a study, analyze the results, and provide you with a report of the findings.
Workshops and Education
Building your research capacity workshop series
- A series of workshops offered to staff that will assist them with their own assessment projects, beginning with "Developing your research question" and ending with "Using results."