BXA students are encouraged to complete an internship that will compliment their interdisciplinary goals. This on-the-job experience is very valuable, and can provide possible opportunities for employment after college.
52-590 BXA Internship, Fall, Spring, or Summer: 3,6,9,12 units
An internship is a supervised professional work experience with clear links to a student's academic goals. BXA students may choose to complete a BXA Internship for elective credit with appropriate individuals or organizations within or outside of Carnegie Mellon University. Junior and senior BXA students in good academic standing are eligible to receive academic credit for one internship. Grading is pass/no pass only. Prior to enrolling in an internship, the student must have a "BXA Internship Agreement Form" signed by their site supervisor and approved by the BXA Director/Academic Advisor.
For more information on how to register for the BXA Internship course, contact your BXA academic advisor. Applications are available in the Solar Decathlon House or download (PDF).
A selected list of places where BXA students have interned in the last few years:
- ABC News, Washington, D.C.
- ACLU, Pittsburgh, PA
- Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, PA
- Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA
- Center for Digital Storytelling, Berkeley, CA
- Channel Nine (Promotions), Australia
- CinePartners Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA
- Dateline NBC, New York, NY
- Future Media Concepts, New York, NY
- Grosso-Jacobson Production Company, New York, NY
- Heinz History Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Interlochen Art Camp, Interlochen, MI
- KDKA -TV, Pittsburgh, PA
- Kenneth Cole Productions
- Kiwibox.com (online teen website, Editorial & Promotions)
- Lefrak Productions, New York, NY
- Marilyn G. Rabb Foundation, Pittsburgh, PA
- Mattress Factory, Pittsburgh, PA
- Morgan Contemporary Glass Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
- National Council of Women's Organizations, Washington, D.C.
- Pittsburgh CLO, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburgh Contemporary Writers Series, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburgh Film Office, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburgh Filmmakers, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburgh Glass Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- QUADRE (french horn quartet and non-profit organization), Mountain View, CA
- Sampsonia Way Magazine, Pittsburgh, PA
- SEVENTEEN Magazine, New York, NY
- SilverTree Media, Pittsburgh, PA
- Smithsonian Center for Education & Museum Studies, Washington, D.C.
- Society for Contemporary Craft, Pittsburgh, PA
- Sony (Urban A&R Department), New York, NY
- Sound Management/Spunout Records, San Francisco, CA
- Squonk Opera, Pittsburgh, PA
- US Magazine (Advertising Department, Wenner Media)
- Wolf Trap Opera Company, Vienna, VA
- WQED, Pittsburgh, PA