The Bachelor of Humanities and Arts (BHA) degree has three main curricular components:
1) General Education (Gen Ed)
The BHA General Education curriculum is a modified version of the DC General Education program. In addition, students are required to fulfill a freshman research seminar requirement, a junior seminar requirement, a junior portfolio review, a senior capstone project, and a computing skills workshop.
1. Communicating: Language and Interpretations (3 courses)
2. Reflecting: Societies and Cultures (1 course)
3. Modeling: Mathematics and Experiments (1 course)
4. Deciding: Social Sciences and Values (3 courses)
5. BXA Freshman Research Seminar (1 course)
6. BXA Junior Seminar (1 course)
7. BXA Junior Portfolio Review (1 review)
8. BXA Capstone Project (2 courses)
9. University Requirement: Computing @ Carnegie Mellon (1 mini-course)
For a full listing of BHA Gen Ed course requirements click
2) College of Fine Arts (CFA) Concentration
Students choose their fine arts concentration from among the five schools in CFA: Architecture, Art, Design, Drama, or Music. A student must meet entry requirements for the specific CFA school of their choice. While in the BHA Program, a student may change their CFA concentration only if they pass all admission requirements for that particular CFA school.
For a full listing of course requirements for each CFA concentration click below (PDF):
Architecture | Art
| Design | Drama
3) Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences (DC) Concentrations
Students choose their humanities or social/behavioral concentration from the list of majors and minors offered by H&SS, or by self-designing an interdepartmental concentration. Areas of concentration are selected from the following departments: Economics, English, History, Interdepartmental Studies, Modern Languages, Philosophy, Psychology, Social and Decision Sciences, Statistics.
For a full list of majors and minors offered by DC click
For a DC concentration sheet click
here (PDF). The DC concentration sheet should be completed
by the end of sophomore year.
BHA DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
|+ 78 units