Welcome to the ID Photo Submission Application
New students, staff and faculty can use this application to submit photos or visit The HUB to have their picture taken, which will be printed on an official Carnegie Mellon ID Card.Please have the following available to use this application:
- Digital photo - The photo is for identification purposes and therefore should be a clear headshot of the student, faculty or staff member. There are no specific size requirements and the photo can be cropped once it is submitted. Students should not have on hats, caps, or sunglasses in the submitted photo. The photo must reflect the student's most current appearance and should have been taken within the last six months.
- Andrew UserID and password - Incoming first-year students can determine their Andrew User ID and set up a password by visiting the Computing Services website.
Each photo ID Card must reflect a current image adhering to the following guidelines, in line with official Federal requirements. Pictures submitted online or taken in The HUB will be rejected if the following does not apply:
- Printed in color
- Full-face view directly facing the camera
- Minimal facial expression or a natural smile with both eyes open
- Taken in clothing worn on a normal, daily basis
- No hats or head coverings that obscure hair or hairline, unless worn for religious purposes
- No headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless needed for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be requested)
- A glare from glasses must be avoided by slightly tilting the glasses downward
- For first time card recipients the picture uploaded should have been taken within the last six months to reflect their current appearance
- For renewal cards a new image must be uploaded or captured in The HUB to reflect the card holder's current appearance
Any patron wishing to replace their ID card for any reason (i.e., renewal, lost card, stolen card, name change) is required to have a new photo taken in person at the ID Card Services station in The HUB.