CM-yoU ID Card Design Contest
In line with Carnegie Mellon University's vision to meet the changing needs of society by building on its traditions of innovation and problem solving, we are asking for student input and designs for the new look of the CMU ID Card!
- The Pittsburgh Campus of Carnegie Mellon University will transition to SMART cards beginning summer 2013.
- The SMART card will offer upgraded technology to allow current students and benefits eligible faculty and staff access to Port Authority transit within Allegheny County.
- All eligible submissions will be evaluated by a design review board to assess feasibility and specification adherence.
- The top three designs chosen by the review board will be made available for the CMU community to vote on the new look of our ID Card.
- The winning design will be announced May 1, 2013.
Design Submission Specifics:
- Image size requirement is 3.375''x2.125''
- Please keep all type 6 pt or larger
- Convert type to outlines/paths
- Full-color graphics files must be provided as CMYK extension files
- Computer generated art from the following programs:
- Files with linked images must include all the linked files and should be completely assembled and ready for output
- If your artwork includes bleeds, please allow 1/8'' over on all sides using crop marks for copy placement
- For items without bleed, allow 1/8'' margin between the edge of card and art/text
Submit your design to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2013!