Learning Media Design Center at CMU
The Learning Media Design Center will focus on learning media with measurable real-world impact; a focus that combines the strengths of CMU and the Pittsburgh media and learning community.
- Increase connectivity between the CMU media and learning activities and the Pittsburgh media and learning community,
- Work with local funders to structure coordinated CMU funding requests in learning media design that can have the most impact,
- Work with internal and external partners to identify I) key learning media design principles and methodologies that arise out of the CMU/Pittsburgh media and learning community work and II) best practices and solutions for large scale system deployment.
- Develop and submit large scale grant requests to federal funders, national foundations, and philanthropic individuals that leverage the infrastructure, activity and outcomes of the CMU/Pittsburgh media and learning community and which can effectively support the sustainability and growth of that community,
- Use the secured funding to support technology, creative practice, and learning experts that develop scalable solutions (systems and methodologies) that can be used across the Pittsburgh media and learning community and can guide the evolution of media and learning nationally.
- Connect strategies and outcomes to the strategies developed by the Pittsburgh as Urban lab for Creative Industries study (PUL-CI).