Technology Arts Gateway
The Technology Arts Gateway creates a contemporary culture edge to campus on Forbes Avenue, west of Junction Hollow. This project includes:
- A 10,000 square foot cross-campus digital fabrication facility on the 1st floor of 4615 Forbes
- Office, meeting, and gallery space for the IDEATE Network on the 3rd floor of 4615 Forbes
- A new home for the Integrated Innovation Institute in the old PNC building
- The planned TechArtsPark: an expansion to the existing exhibition venue
- A planned 6,000 square foot addition to the PNC building for the III and IDEATE community, featuring a mixed-use plaza at the corner of Forbes and Craig
Technology Arts Gateway Flythrough
This brief video takes you from the Carnegie Museum of Art through the II Institute and down into the digital fabrication facility.
Penn Avenue Expansion
IDEATE is spearheading the planning and development of a cross-campus facility adjacent to Bakery Square. The Penn Avenue facility will feature a 50,000 square foot reconfigurable flex space, multiple shop spaces, and video, audio, and motion capture facilities.