Academic Records-The HUB - Carnegie Mellon University

Academic Records

The University Registrar's Office maintains academic records of all Carnegie Mellon students, with some exceptions:

  • Incoming PCHE students (from another university) have their grades sent directly to their home institutions. The University Registrar's Office does not record these grades.
  • Students in certificate programs have their grades and other records maintained by the department offering the certificate.

All students have the right to inspect their academic records under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If a student would like to inspect their academic record, they should submit a Request to Review Academic Record (.pdf) form.

NOTE: Hard-copy records are retained for six years after separation from the university, after which time they are converted to microfiche.