Ordering a Transcript
There are two ways students and alumni can order official transcripts from Carnegie Mellon:
1. Order Online (Preferred)
For the fastest service, Carnegie Mellon has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering online. Students can order transcripts with this service using any major credit card, an e-mail address and a signed consent form.
- To order an official transcript(s), login to the secure Clearinghouse site.
- From the main site, click "Order or Track a Transcript." On the next page, select "Carnegie Mellon University" and click "Submit." Be sure to select the correct institution!
- The website will lead you through the rest of the online ordering process.
- If you need any attachments sent along with your transcript, please write them in the "Special Instructions" box you'll find during the ordering process. Then, fax or mail the attachment to the University Registrar's Office and indicate that it should be included with your transcript order. Additional forms to be sent with transcripts must be sent to the University Registrar's Office. We will not receive your form if you send it to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Your signed consent is required in order to process your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return to the National Student Clearinghouse via fax, mail or as a scanned email attachment. The consent form must be sent to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Order updates will be e-mailed to you to notify you when we have received and processed your order. You can also check order status or history online. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
- If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact them via e-mail or by calling 703-742-7791.
2. Complete a Transcript Request Form
If you do not have a credit card, or if you want to pick up your transcript from the University Registrar's Office, you can use the Transcript Request (.pdf) form to place your order. We must receive a signed request from a student in order to release a transcript. The Transcript Request form can be mailed (see address below), faxed to 412-268-6651, scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can take it directly to The HUB, located in the lower level of Warner Hall.
- Your signature is required in order to process your transcript request.
- The information on the form must be legible.
- Be sure to include valid contact information.
- If sending to more than two addresses, please attach a separate sheet.
- If you require that an attachment be sent with your transcript, please include it with the request form.
If you are not placing your order online, you can pay for your transcript order by one of the following methods:
- Money order
- Plaid Ca$h.
We do not accept Discover or American Express. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Carnegie Mellon. We do not send bills for transcript orders.
At this time, Carnegie Mellon does not produce electronic transcripts, nor do we submit transcripts electronically (e.g. via fax or e-mail), for security purposes. We are investigating various methods for transmitting secured electronic transcripts in the future, but these are not currently available.
University Registrar's Office
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
The University Registrar's Office is located in The HUB in the lower level of Warner Hall, A-19.