An official Carnegie Mellon transcript is a student's official documentation of course curriculum and degrees awarded. This includes courses and final grades for each semester for a student. It always includes both the undergraduate and graduate record (if applicable), as well as any transfer or advanced placement credit. All transcripts come in individually sealed envelopes, unless otherwise specified. Transcripts are printed on official paper with security features.
- Courses without final grades will not show on an official transcript.
- We cannot accept phone or email requests, as the student's signature is required for release of academic record.
- We will not fax a transcript under any circumstances, as the document would no longer be official.
- Students taking Carnegie Mellon courses through the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) program have their grades recorded at their home schools; we cannot provide transcripts for PCHE students from other universities.
- We cannot provide official transcripts from other institutions to third parties. If you have received transfer/advanced placement credit from another institution, contact that institution for an official transcript for those courses. This includes high school transcripts.
- Students in certificate programs will not have transcripts; you must contact the department offering the certificate program for proof of completion.
- Transcript requests are not processed if the student has an outstanding financial or community obligation to the university.
Note: Grading Scale & QPA Conversion
Past Semester Course Descriptions
If you are an investigator with a written consent to release information, please print an Investigator Request (.pdf) form and follow the instructions before coming to the University Registrar's Office.
For questions about transcripts, please email email@example.com.