Current Students-The HUB - Carnegie Mellon University

Current Students

If a student believes he/she may be eligible to receive Veterans Education Benefits, please contact Veterans Affairs or call 1-888-442-4551. Learn more or apply for benefits online.

Note: The University Registrar's Office cannot apply for benefits on behalf of a student.

Processing Times

Once the student's application has been processed by Veterans Affairs, they will receive two copies of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE).

The student will need to turn one copy in to the University Registrar's Office so that we are able to certify enrollment properly. It can be faxed to 412-268-6651, scanned and emailed to, or delivered to Enrollment Services, A-19 Warner Hall.

Certifying Official Information

If you ever need to speak with a Certifying Official in regards to your benefits, please contact the VA Certifying Official in the University Registar's Office at to make an appointment. This is not necessary to set up your benefits, so long as we have your paperwork. You must be an admitted student to make an appointment.

What Happens Next?

Once you have notified the VA Certifying Official of your eligibility and have turned in your Certificate of Eligibility, a preliminary certification will be sent to the VA on your behalf. If you are a Chapter 33 student, this will permit your housing allowance to begin. In turn, you will receive a letter from the VA stating that only enrollment has been reported (without tuition and fees). Your tuition and fees will be reported after the semester add/drop period (after the tenth day of classes). After that, any changes in enrollment will be reported as needed.

Note: You will not incur any late fees as we wait for payment from the VA.