May 2015 expected graduates please see this Graduation & Diploma Information Sheet (pdf)!
Below are necessary steps to prepare for graduation:
1. Review your unofficial academic record on Student Information Online (SIO) for missing or incomplete grades and missing transfer credit.
- If you have any outstanding transfer credit, you must have the other school send an official transcript directly to the University Registrar's Office, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Warner Hall A-19, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Our office will distribute the official transcript to your department for approval. Please make sure your department knows to expect the transcript.
- Important: Transfer credit and missing or incomplete grades should be resolved before your expected graduation semester to ensure certification of your degree.
2. Review your degree information and graduation status on Student Information Online (under the Academic Info tab, click on Graduation and Diploma).
3. Check your student account balance on SIO and make any necessary payments. You will not receive any diplomas, degree verifications or transcripts until your account is paid in full.
4. If you have received federal loans, you must complete one or more exit counseling sessions. If you do not complete the required counseling in a timely manner, you will receive follow-up notifications until it is complete.
5. Please be sure to update your contact information on SIO under MyInfo and Graduation and Diploma, so that we can relay any necessary communications in a timely manner.
6. If you are continuing studies at Carnegie Mellon:
- Register for classes for the upcoming semester, so that we know you plan to continue your studies, and so that your Andrew ID does not expire automatically.
7. If you are not continuing studies at Carnegie Mellon:
- Do not register for classes. Your enrollment status will change to ‘pending graduate' for the upcoming semester. This will prompt the system to: a.) remove upcoming charges; b.) remove your access to register for courses; and c.) place your Student Andrew ID to expire in a few months.
8. If you are attending the May commencement ceremony in Pittsburgh:
- Be sure to check the commencement website for updated information. Past August and December graduates should bring their diploma. Otherwise, a blank diploma case will be issued during the ceremony.
For questions concerning graduation or diplomas, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.