Do you need an enrollment verification?-The HUB - Carnegie Mellon University

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Do you need an enrollment verification?

Did you know that you can order an enrollment and/or degree verification letter within Student Information Online (SIO)? An enrollment verification letter officially provides proof of enrollment at the university. Common reasons for requesting an enrollment verification letter include proof of enrollment for a student loan, insurance purposes, or submission to a scholarship committee. A degree verification letter officially provides proof of your completed degree. A common reason for requesting a degree verification is to provide proof when applying for employment.

Check your enrollment status and verify your enrollment in SIO by going to the Academic Info tab. You can have the verification instantly downloaded to your desktop as a PDF or have it faxed or mailed. Please keep in mind that your QPA will be based on your previous semester. View more information about verification letters.

If you are graduating and need to request verification of early program completion, you will need to email your request to, and you must include the following information:

Subject: Early Program Completion Verification

  • Student name
  • Mailing address for verification letter (or fax #)
  • More information is available on The HUB website.

Lastly, don’t forget that if you invite a family member or friend to use My Plaid Student, they can view your student account invoices and detail, create verification letters, and/or view grades. Simply hover over the My Info tab in SIO and select ‘Manage Family and Friends.’ View more information about My Plaid Student.

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

John Papinchak, University Registrar