Who do I talk to if I’m interested in declaring a major in the English Department?
When can I declare a major in the English department?
How do I declare my major?
Can I declare a minor in the English Department?
Can I double major?
We do not recognize double majors within the English Department, however, we offer “additional majors” for students hoping to major in two majors housed within the English Department.
If you wish to declare a double major in an area of study outside of the English Department, you should meet with an advisor in that respective department and then speak with the Academic Advisory Center. If your primary major is outside the English Department and you would like to declare your second major within English, please contacket Jen Loughran.
If you only wish to declare an additional major, meaning both majors are within the English Department, contact Jen Loughran in the English Office (BH 259). An additional major will not prevent you from graduating on time.
How do I choose an English Department advisor?
Do I need to meet with an advisor before scheduling?
What should I do if I don’t know who is my faculty advisor?
Who should I talk to about studying abroad?
If you are interested in studying with any other program, please set an appointment with the Study Abroad Office (3rd floor of Werner Hall).
How do I count an internship for course credit?
Credit will be determined on a case-by-case basis after you meet with James Wynn. The number of units awarded will determine the tuition cost for the internship. Monetary compensation for your internship will be determined by your employer.
- Overloading [PDF]
- What Counts for What (subject to change) [PDF]
- Major Requirements: Creative Writing [PDF], Professional Writing [PDF], Technical Writing & Communication (Science & Medical Communication Track) [PDF], Technical Writing & Communication (Technical Communication Track) [PDF], B.A. in English [PDF]
- Minor Requirements: Creative Writing [PDF], Professional Writing [PDF], Technical Writing [PDF], English Studies [PDF]
- Additional Major Requirements*: Creative Writing [PDF], Professional Writing [PDF], English [PDF]
- Online Student Audit
- Additional Academic Forms
If there is a document that you need and cannot find here, please contact Jen Loughran.
*Note: These additional major checklists are intended for students whose primary major is within the English Department.