Two forms are required to Cross-Register for a course:
1. Dietrich College Cross-Registration Substitution Form [.pdf]. This form is available in the Forms section or on the forms rack outside the AAC office, Baker Hall A57.
2. PCHE Form: This form is available in the HUB, basement of Warner Hall A12 or in your major department's office.
Spring/Fall versus Summer
You can Cross Register in the Fall and Spring semesters. You can not Cross-Register for courses in the summer sessions.
Dietrich College Cross-Registration Form
The Dietrich College Cross-Registration Form is to be used by Dietrich College majors only in requesting permission to substitute a course through cross-registration while enrolled as a full time student in the Fall or Spring semester.
Students need to attach a copy of the course syllabus or a detailed course description when requesting to cross-register.
Three options for requesting to cross-register for a course:
- Substitute for a GenEd requirement (the AAC approves these requests for all Dietrich College students)
- Substitution for a major or minor requirement (the Major or Minor Advisor approves these requests)
- Elective units for graduation (the AAC approves these requests for all Dietrich College students)
Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education Cross Registration Request Form (PCHE)
The PCHE is a paper form. You can obain this form from your academic advisor. On this form you must fill in the entire form and obtain your advisor’s signature.
Both forms, Dietrich College Cross-Registration Substitution Form and the PCHE form must be submitted together with all required signatures to the AAC, Baker Hall A57.
The Assistant Dean will review your request. If approved, your forms will be sent to:
- Enrollment Services: this office reviews your eligibilty to cross-register (must be enrolled in a minimum of 36 CMU units)
- Student: a copy of the PCHE and Dietrich College Cross Registration Form
- Student’s Major Department: a copy of both forms