Two forms are required to cross register:
1. H&SS Cross-Registration Substitution Form [.pdf]. This form is available on the form rack in front of The AAC office, Baker Hall A57.
2. PCHE Form (4 page form; duplicates are not acceptable) This form is available in the HUB, basement of Warner Hall A12 or check at the front desk of The AAC, Baker Hall A57.
(Graduate students only need the PCHE Form)
Spring/Fall vs Summer
You can Cross Register in Fall and Spring
Cross Registering is not an option for the Summer.
H&SS Cross Registration Form
H&SS Cross Registration Form is to be used by H&SS students only in requesting permission to substitute a course through cross-registration while enrolled as a full time student in the Fall or Spring semester.
You should attach a photocopy of the course syllabus or a detailed course description when looking to cross register.
Check one of the three options:
Substitute for a Gen Ed requirement (Can be left at The AAC for approval/signature.)
Substitution for a major or minor requirement (Must be approved and signed by major or minor advisor)
Units for graduation (Can be left at The AAC for approval and signature.)
Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education Cross Registration Request Form (PCHE)
The PCHE is a paper form. You can obain this form from your Academic Advisor. On this form you must fill in the entire form and obtain your major advisor’s signature.
Both forms, H&SS Cross-Registration Substitution Form and the PCHE form must be submitted together with required signatures to The AAC, Baker Hall A57. Both forms will be reviewed at the front desk to be sure they are filled in correctly.
Dr. Hill will sign off on the forms and then they are copied and sent out as follows:
- Enrollment Services-The original PCHE is sent to ES for entry with the selected university.
- Student – Copy of PCHE and H&SS Cross Registration Form
- Student’s Major Department – Copy of H&SS Cross Registration Form
The H&SS Academic Advisory Center will keep a copy of the PCHE and H&SS Cross Registration forms in your college student folder.