Facts & Questions-Academic Advisory Center (AAC) - Carnegie Mellon University


On Wednesday, August 24, H&SS first-year students, staff and faculty enjoyed time together at the Carnegie Music Hall.  Read Dr. Timothy Haggerty's address to the incoming class.


Can I take a course from another university over the summer and then transfer it in?

Yes, the course can either enter in as a general education requirement, major/minor requirement, or units towards graduation. Depending on which requirement you are looking to fulfill will determine who will need to approve this. Please see the transfer credit form for more information.

Can I pursue an additional major or minor?

Pursuing a second major or minor is quite common. The additional major or minor does not have to be within H&SS as long as your primary major is within our college. Please see your primary advisor so he/she can direct you to the appropriate departmental advisor regarding your interest.

  • Link
  • Link
  • Link

helpful links