Employee Relations Issues
Maintaining a positive, productive work environment is critical for all managers. You accomplish this by engaging in:
- mentoring and coaching your staff
- regular feedback, including annual performance reviews
- open and honest communication regarding group, unit and university business issues
- change management strategies
- employee engagement and empowerment
- fairly, assertively and promptly addressing workplace challenges and problems.
Addressing declining performance or poor personal skills is an unwelcome but necessary function. Unacceptable performance and conflicting relationships can quickly impact the productivity and workplace environment for the entire group. Your HR Manager is a wonderful resources for helping you to address employee relations or performance issues.