Filing a Grievance-Human Resources - Carnegie Mellon University

Filing a Grievance

When a problem occurs, you are encouraged to approach the person or his/her supervisor/superior to address the problem directly. If you feel uncomfortable doing so, or do not feel that the situation has been resolved, please contact Larry Powell, Manager of Disability Services, for assistance.

Students and employees also have the option of filing a formal grievance. This section includes information about the grievance procedures available to undergraduate students, graduate students and staff, as well as resources available for seeking remedy under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Statement of Assurance

Carnegie Mellon University does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap or disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, ancestry, belief, veteran status, or genetic information.  Furthermore, Carnegie Mellon University does not discriminate and is required not to discriminate in violation of federal, state, or local laws or executive orders.

Inquiries concerning the application of and compliance with this statement should be directed to the vice president for campus affairs, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, telephone 412-268-2056.

Obtain general information about Carnegie Mellon University by calling 412-268-2000.