As a service to our community members, Carnegie Mellon offers several lactation rooms for the purpose of expressing milk while on campus. These spaces are open to students, faculty and staff. Users of the space are responsible for requesting access to the space and following the guidelines for use. CMU employees are responsible for working with their supervisors to arrange for reasonable break time to pump and may contact the Benefits Office for questions regarding break time.
To self-identify as needing a lactation space, please complete and submit the Lactation Room Request for Access Form.
- Gates 8214—Card Swipe Access Required
- Mellon Institute 210A
- Posner Hall (TEPPER) A50E - Card Swipe Access Required
- PPG 6th Floor—Building Access Required
- University Center 138C
- Wean Hall 4432—Card Swipe Access Required
While most of these spaces are available for single use only, Wean Hall has the capacity to accommodate two users simultaneously in the space.
Guidelines for Lactation Room Use:
- Understand that multiple nursing mothers have access to the space.
- These rooms are not scheduled. Please use the "Lactation Room in Use" Door Sign [pdf] to identify that the room is in use.
- Carnegie Mellon does not provide pumping equipment. Should you choose to leave any items in the room, know that these are not the responsibility of Carnegie Mellon.
- Please keep the space neat and orderly. Should you notice that dispensers are out of stock or if there is a cleaning issue, please report the issue to Megan Worbs.