Cyert Center for Early Childhood Education Benefits
The Cyert Center for Early Education is a full-day early care and education program serving the university. Children range from three months to kindergarten. The program was one of the first 100 programs in the US to receive national accreditation. Educators throughout the Center participate in National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Coalition for Campus Children's Centers, and the North American Reggio Emilia Alliance. The program is licensed by the Department of Public Welfare and the PA Department of Private Academic Schools.
Sliding Scale Benefit
The Sliding Scale alters the tuition of the Cyert Center based on the income of the family. It sets the rate of the Cyert Center at 10% of the gross family income, up to a maximum family benefit of $5,000.
- This benefit is available to full-time, benefits-eligible Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff families.
- If more than one child is enrolled in the program, the $5,000 benefit is divided between the children.
- The benefit is available for no more than two children per family.
- Sliding scale benefits offset what you can contribute to the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account.
Applying for the Sliding Scale Benefit
- Read the 2013–14 Cyert Center Benefits Instruction Letter [pdf].
- Review the 2013–14 Tuition Rates [.pdf] (CMU password required).
- Complete the 2013–14 Cyert Center Sliding Scale Application [pdf] (CMU password required).
- Return the application directly to Human Resources by June 1.
(Applications received after June 1 will be processed. However, benefits will not begin until September 1 or the first of the month following the receipt of the application, whichever comes later.)