withdraw from university-Housing Services - Carnegie Mellon University

Leaving the University at the end of the Fall 2015 semester and not returning for spring

Students leaving the University due to graduation, study abroad/co-op, leave of absence or withdrawal for the Spring 2016 semester must come to the Housing Services (Margaret Morrison storefront or Residence on Fifth) office during normal business hours 8:30 am to 5:00 pm to complete the required cancellation paperwork. Spring cancellation requests can be made starting Monday, November 16, through 12 pm on Monday, December 21, 2015. All fall semester residents who will not be on campus for the spring semester — including exchange students only here for the fall semester — are required to come to the office to complete the cancellation paperwork. Any residents thinking about moving into Greek housing should first consult their organization’s president or house manager and contact the room assignments staff at rmassign@andrew.cmu.edu for cancellation parameters.

Students leaving at the end of the fall semester must vacate their room by December 22 at 12 pm. If you have an extenuating circumstance and live in an opened building for Winter Break, please contact Housing Services at housing@andrew.cmu.edu.

Please visit Leaving for Winter Break for additional details on how to appropriately leave your space.