During the year, several university residences have centrally-located service desks to provide students access to Housing Services, provide a link to building and campus resources, observe activities in the front entrance of the building, and report issues to the appropriate staff.
Private areas of residence halls are only permitted to Carnegie Mellon students, their escorted guests, and authorized representatives of the university. To gain access to a building that has a service desk, a person must use an ID card reader and/or show his or her university ID to the attendant.
The following locations are managed by desk managers and a graduate coordinator and are open 24-hours daily during the fall and spring semesters.
|Hill Service Center||412-268-6902|
|Residence on Fifth||412-268-1518|
ServicesDesk services include:
- key pick up and hard key return (at various desks)
- equipment check-out (varies): pool cues, ping pong paddles, board games, etc.*
- luggage cart check-out (Morewood and the Residence on Fifth)
- directory information: phone numbers for university offices, local restaurants, and food establishments, etc.
- information and resources for all Housing services, such as room assignments, maintenance, and building access
- campus and building programming announcements
*checking out equipment requires a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)Please contact us if you have questions or any comments or suggestions to improve our desk services.