During the year, several university residences have centrally located service desks to provide students access to Housing Services, provide a link to building and campus resources, observe activities in the front entrance of the building and report issues to the appropriate staff.
Private areas of residence halls are only permitted to Carnegie Mellon students, their escorted guests and authorized representatives of the university. To gain access to a building that has a service desk, a person must use an ID card reader and/or show his or her university ID to the attendant.
|Hill Service Center||412-268-6902|
|Residence On Fifth||412-268-1518|
ServicesThe desk services are available to serve the many needs of the Carnegie Mellon community. The services offered include:
- key pick up and hard key return (at various desks)
- equipment check-out (varies): pool cues, ping pong paddles, board games, etc.*
- luggage cart check-out (Morewood, West Wing, Residence on Fifth)
- directory information: phone numbers for university offices, local restaurants and food establishments, etc
- information and resources for all Housing services, such as room assignments, maintenance and building access
- campus and building programming announcements
*checking out equipment requires a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)We invite you to visit any of our service desks and to take advantage of our services. Please contact us if you have any comments or suggestions to improve our desk services.