2015 Transitional Housing
Transitional Housing is available only for international graduate students or undergraduate exchange students from August 7, 12pm (noon) until August 17, 12pm (noon).
If you need temporary housing before August 7, you can either stay in a local hotel (visit www.cmu.edu/about/visit/accommodations.shtml for hotel listings near Carnegie Mellon University) or stay in on-campus Summer Guest Housing operated by the Conference & Events Services Office.
NOTE: The application will be available the week of June 15 and by submitting the application online, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below and in the Housing Policies. We recommend that you thoroughly read and understand the information in this document. If you have any questions or need clarification, contact Housing Services at email@example.com or 412-268-2139.
- Single and double rooms will be available.
- Assignments will be given when you arrive for your reservation at The Residence on Fifth desk (4700 Fifth Avenue).
- These are dormitory accommodations; sheets, pillows and towels are provided and bathrooms are shared and single gender. Please see room rates under Payments/Charges/Rates below.
- Every effort is made to fulfill designated roommate requests. If your requested roommate is not a Carnegie Mellon student, you must indicate that on your application.
- Roommates are assigned to individuals placed in double rooms who have not identified a roommate.
- Rooms are assigned on a first-come first-serve basis and single rooms are extremely limited.
- Individuals assigned a double room due to the unavailability of a single will be assigned a roommate.
Canceling A ReservationIf you reserve transitional housing and cannot use it, you must cancel your reservation 48 hours in advance of your stay or you will be billed for the full amount of your reservation.
Check-in And Check-outCheck-in is through The Residence on Fifth Service Desk (4700 Fifth Avenue) in the entrance of the building. The Residence on Fifth Service Desk is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Room rate per night per person to share a double room with linen — $37
- Room rate per night for a single room with linen — $63
Terms And Conditions
It is understood and agreed that Carnegie Mellon Housing Services (the University) grants to this applicant (the student) the right, license and privilege to occupy and use the assigned accommodations for the period specified. The student is subject to the terms and conditions stated in this document and those pertinent rules and regulations detailed in the contract, Housing policies, the Undergraduate catalog and any other additional conditions promulgated by the University from time to time. (During the summer it is expected that maintenance work may require the relocation of transitional residents.)
Violation by the student of the terms and conditions stated herein or those of the previously cited sources will result in whatever disciplinary and punitive action the University feels is reasonable and warranted. By signing and submitting an application for transitional housing students agree that they have read and will abide by all the information and policies outlined above and any others published to them by the University or Housing Services during their stay.