2012 Transitional Housing
Transitional Housing is available only for international graduate students or undergraduate exchange students requiring housing between 12:00 pm Friday, August 3, 2012 and 6:00 pm Sunday, August 12, 2012.
If you need temporary housing before August 3, 2012, you can either stay in a local hotel (visit http://www.cmu.edu/about/visit/accommodations.shtml for hotel listing near the Carnegie Mellon University) or stay in on-campus Summer Guest Housing operated by the Conference & Events Services Office.
NOTE: By submitting a transitional housing application online, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below and in the Housing Policies. We recommend that you thoroughly read and understand the information in this document. If you have any questions or need clarification, contact Housing and Dining Services at email@example.com or 412-268-2139.
The application must be submitted online before Sunday, July 15, 2012.
- Transitional housing accommodations are located in single and double rooms in one of the on-campus residence halls.
- These are dormitory accommodations; sheets, pillows and towels are provided and bathrooms are shared and single gender. Please see room rates under payments/charges below.
- Every effort is made to fulfill designated roommate requests. If your requested roommate is not a Carnegie Mellon student, you must indicate that on your application.
- Roommates are assigned to individuals placed in double rooms who have not identified a roommate.
- Rooms are assigned on a first-come first-serve basis and single rooms are extremely limited.
- Individuals assigned a double room due to the unavailability of a single will be assigned a roommate.
Canceling A ReservationIf you reserve transitional housing and cannot use it, you must cancel your reservation 48 hours in advance of your stay or you will be billed for the full amount of your reservation.
Check-in And Check-outCheck-in is through the Stever Service Desk (1030 Morewood Avenue) located near the entrance of the building. The Stever Service Desk is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Guests are required to move out of transitional housing by 6:00 pm on Sunday, August 12, 2012, no exceptions.
- room rate per night per person to share a double room with linen - $35
- room rate per night for a single room with linen - $60
Terms And Conditions
It is understood and agreed that Carnegie Mellon Housing and Dining Services (the University) grants to this applicant (the student) the right, license and privilege to occupy and use the assigned accommodations for the period specified. The student is subject to the terms and conditions stated in this document and those pertinent rules and regulations detailed in the contract, Housing policies, the Undergraduate catalog and any other additional conditions promulgated by the University from time to time. (During the summer it is expected that maintenance work may require the relocation of transitional residents.)
Violation by the student of the terms and conditions stated herein or those of the previously cited sources will result in whatever disciplinary and punitive action the University feels is reasonable and warranted. By signing and submitting an application for transitional housing students agree that they have read and will abide by all the information and policies outlined above and any others published to them by the University or Housing and Dining Services during their stay.