Room Rates and Cancellation Policies
Room Rates and Payment Schedule
- Payment for summer housing is charged to Carnegie Mellon University student accounts only.
- A non-refundable $50 reservation fee and Session One charges (if applicable) will be billed to your student account by June 1. Session Two charges will be billed by July 12.
- Summer accommodations must be cleared of all personal belongings and left in a clean condition. Students who fail to leave their room in this manner will be charged a minimum cleaning fee of $50. If any damage has been incurred, subsequent damage charges will be billed to the student.
- There are a limited number of single rooms which are only given to those individuals with medical needs that are documented and approved through University Health Services.
- Summer Housing room charges are listed below and on the Summer Housing online application for reference.
|Session One OR Session Two
|Stever Double $782||$50||$832|
|Fairfax Apartment double $979||$50||$1,029|
|Webster Hall Apartment double $979||$50||$1,029|
|Session One AND Session Two
|Stever Double $1,616||$50||$1,666|
|Fairfax Apartment double $2,009||$50||$2,059|
|Webster Hall Apartment double $2,009||$50||$2,059|
- We will be offering summer assignments the week of May 12 at which you will be able to accept or decline the assignment. Please know if you decline your assignment you will not receive a new one and you will not be charged the $50 housing reservation fee.
- If you accept the assignment, you will be billed for the summer housing assignment and reservation fee. If you decide to cancel your summer housing assignment at a later date, you will need to make your request by emailing Room Assignments at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will refund the housing charges but will withhold the $50 housing reservation fee. Cancellations will not be accepted for Session One after May 20 and for Session Two after June 30.