Summer Housing Procedures and Policies
By submitting your Summer Housing application, you agree to all of the procedures and policies, maintenance schedule and terms and conditions listed below. It is recommended that you thoroughly read and understand the information in this document. If you have any questions, contact Housing and Dining Services at email@example.com or 412-268-2139.
Summer Housing 2013 Important Dates
- May 10 — deadline to submit summer housing application
- Week of May 12 — students will be emailed their summer housing assignment offer and move-over date and key access information
- May 17–22 — students may expect to move into their Session One summer housing assignments
- June 29, 12 pm — Session One summer housing check-out
- June 30, 12 pm — Session Two summer housing check-in
- August 10, 12 pm — Session Two summer housing check-out
Students not residing in university housing for the 2013–14 academic year are reminded that off-campus leases must allow your occupancy prior to August 10, 2013.
- Summer housing accommodations are located in Steve House and two of the Oakland Community Apartments (Fairfax Apartments and Webster Hall Apartments) — all of which are air-conditioned. Due to limited space, only double occupied rooms will be offered for summer housing accommodations. Students have special needs should contact University Health Services to receive other accommodations if necessary.
- All accommodations are based on availability.
- Every effort is made to fulfill designated roommate requests.
- Roommates are assigned to individuals placed in double rooms who have not identified a roommate.
- Students will be emailed with their summer housing assignment, move-over date and key access information the week of May 12, 2013.
- Students selecting an Oakland assignment will be placed in the Fairfax Apartments and Webster Hall Apartments. Current students living in Fairfax and Webster Hall Apartments wish to stay for the summer MUST fill out a Summer Housing Application, and will be assigned a space on designated floors of those buildings. Every attempt will be made to keep residents in their current spaces if they reside on the designated floors.
- Summer residents should expect maintenance and deep cleaning to be performed in their rooms during the course of the summer.
- Summer residents may be required to relocate in order for Housing and Dining Services to perform large scale projects and deep cleaning in Summer Housing buildings. If this is necessary, students will be notified in advance of such work.
It is understood and agreed that Carnegie Mellon Housing Services (the University) grants to this applicant (the student) the right, license and privilege to occupy and use the assigned accommodations for the period specified. The student is subject to the terms and conditions stated in this document and those pertinent rules and regulations detailed in the Housing License Agreement, Housing policies, the Undergraduate catalog and any other additional conditions promulgated by the University from time to time. (During the summer it is expected that maintenance work may require the relocation of summer residents.)
The entire occupancy fee shall be due and payable by the student on the dates listed in room rates and cancellation section. Where such prepayment is not feasible, terms for settlement of monies due must be arranged by the student with Enrollment Services (the HUB) prior to the assumption of occupancy. Failure to make such arrangements may result in denial of residence. All students with a student account at the University will have their accounts charged for summer occupancy.
Violation by the student of the terms and conditions stated herein or those of the previously cited sources will result in whatever disciplinary and punitive action the University feels is reasonable and warranted.
By submitting an application for summer housing, students agree that they have read and will abide by all the information and policies outlined above and any others published to them by the University or Housing and Dining Services during their stay. Applicants understand and agree to have the student account charged a $50.00 non-refundable reservation fee which will be applied to the summer housing charge.
Summer residents should expect maintenance and deep cleaning to be performed in their rooms during the course of the summer. Summer residents may be required to relocate in order for Housing and Dining Services to perform large scale projects and deep cleaning in Summer Housing buildings. If this is necessary, students will be notified in advance of such work.