Summer Housing Procedures and Policies
By submitting your Summer Housing application, you agree to all of the procedures and policies, maintenance schedule and terms and conditions listed below. It is recommended that you thoroughly read and understand the information in this document. If you have any questions, contact Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-268-2139.
Summer Housing 2015 Important Dates
- May 14–24 — Students will be emailed their summer housing assignment offer and move-over date and key access information
- May 14–24 — Students may expect to move into their Session One summer housing assignments
- June 27, 12 pm — Session One summer housing check-out
- June 28, 12 pm — Session Two summer housing check-in
- August 8, 12 pm — Session Two summer housing check-out
Students not residing in university housing for the 2015–16 academic year are reminded that off-campus leases must allow your occupancy prior to August 8, 2015.
- Summer housing accommodations are located in The Residence on Fifth and Shady Oak Apartments, both of which are in the Oakland Community and air-conditioned. Singles, doubles, and triples are available. Depending upon availibility, Clyde House may also be available offering doubles and singles. Students that have special needs should contact University Health Services to receive other accommodations if necessary.
- Assignments will be given based upon application date and availibility of preferences.
- Every effort is made to fulfill designated roommate requests.
- Roommates are assigned to individuals placed in double or triples rooms who have not identified a roommate(s).
- Students will be emailed with their summer housing assignment, moving and key access information between May 14-24. Students are to remain in their spring housing assignment until details are provided on when they will be able to move into their summer assignment.
- Current students living in the Residence on Fifth and Shady Oak Apartments and wish to stay for the summer MUST fill out a Summer Housing Application, and will be assigned a space on designated floors of those buildings. Every attempt will be made to keep residents in their current spaces if they reside on the designated floors.
- Students living in a double or triple and are staying for both summer sessions, may have a roommate moving out mid-summer due to Session One ending. You will be receving a new roommate for Session Two and it would be expected you keep all of your belongings on your side of the room and have the room in a clean condition. Cleaning staff will be in to clean the vacant part of your room the weekend of June 27/28. If the room is in disarry, a charge of $200 for extra cleaning will be applied to your student account.
- Summer residents should expect maintenance and deep cleaning to be performed in their rooms during the course of the summer.
- Summer residents may be required to relocate in order for Housing Services to perform large scale projects and deep cleaning in Summer Housing buildings. If this is necessary, students will be notified in advance of such work.
It is understood and agreed that Carnegie Mellon Housing Services (the University) grants to this applicant (the student) the right, license and privilege to occupy and use the assigned accommodations for the period specified. The student is subject to the terms and conditions stated in this document and those pertinent rules and regulations detailed in the Housing License Agreement, Housing policies, the Undergraduate catalog and any other additional conditions promulgated by the University from time to time. (During the summer it is expected that maintenance work may require the relocation of summer residents.)
The entire occupancy fee shall be due and payable by the student on the dates listed in room rates and cancellation section. Where such prepayment is not feasible, terms for settlement of monies due must be arranged by the student with Enrollment Services (the HUB) prior to the assumption of occupancy. Failure to make such arrangements may result in denial of residence. All students with a student account at the University will have their accounts charged for summer occupancy.
Violation by the student of the terms and conditions stated herein or those of the previously cited sources will result in whatever disciplinary and punitive action the University feels is reasonable and warranted.
By submitting an application for summer housing, students agree that they have read and will abide by all the information and policies outlined above and any others published to them by the University or Housing Services during their stay.
Summer residents should expect maintenance and deep cleaning to be performed in their rooms during the course of the summer. Summer residents may be required to relocate in order for Housing Services to perform large scale projects and deep cleaning in Summer Housing buildings. If this is necessary, students will be notified in advance of such work.